Saturday, September 27, 2008

First Confession

I have neglected this blog for long enough. It's not that I haven't had anything to write about. To be completely honest, I have been mentally running through ideas to post nearly every day. But the last month has been very busy, and I was worried that if I started posting here, I would never sleep.

I'm pretty sure my husband dreads the idea of me writing another blog. I already spend more time than is rational on our family blog. But I have so many ideas and thought to share that have no right hanging out on a family blog.

So here we go...

My first confession: I love reality television. I know, I know. I've read plenty of columnists blaming the downfall of television quality and our qualify of life on reality TV. But ever since I was overcome with morning sickness six years ago, and watched Survivor: Africa, I've been hooked.


I do try to watch with moderation. So far my list included Survivor, Amazing Race, Design Star, and America's Got Talent. I have, much to the dismay of friends, avoided American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing with the Stars, and Project Runway. After all, there are only so many hours in the day, and someone really should watch the children.

But Survivor: Gabon started on Thursday, and Amazing Race starts back up on Sunday. So now is the perfect time for me to relish in my guilty pleasure.

Survivor, for me, was the initial reality television show, and everything else is just a spin off. I love the exotic locations, the mind games, and the challenges. My husband and I always wonder how good we would be at the challenges.

Not that we will ever find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment