Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Millcreek Canyon, Again

What can I say? This is such a beautiful place, and so easy to get to that it is always my first choice when the urge to get out of the valley strikes.

Mill Creek

This time, the reason was fall leaves. Autumn is so short in Utah, that I want every opportunity to enjoy the changing leaves that I can.

The start of the adventure

Before my Grandma Ethel died (18 years ago), I remember going up Millcreek Canyon in the fall. Despite the fact that she was very ill and weak at the time, we made huge piles of fallen leaves and jumped into them off the picnic tables. It was one of my last memories of her.


I keep worrying that I will miss the autumn leaves, since it is October already. But when we got up the canyon, the leaves were perfect. There were still plenty of trees that were still green.

Roman immediately started collecting "beautiful" leaves. Before we left, he managed to fill an entire bag with red, yellow, and (his favorite), "rainbow colored" leaves.

We made a leaf pile under the maples. The boys were a little hesitant at first, but with a little "encouragement" (yes, that's what I'll call it), they were jumping in the leaves.

Blaise is not so sure he wants to get in the leaves

Now, he is thoroughly enjoying it.
So much fun!


Roman in the leaves

The jumping in the leaves rapidly turned into throwing the leaves. Isn't that how it is supposed to go?

Blaise ready to throw leaves

An armful of leaves

Autumn joy!

"Enough of the leaves on the ground,
I'm going up"

It is so much fun to be able to get out and enjoy the seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment