Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Best Friend

I've realized several times that I don't talk about Keith as much as I should. After all, he really is the one who keeps me sane, makes me happy, and is the support for all the bizarre things that go on in our life.

So, I've seen this meme going around, both on Facebook and on multiple blogs. And I decided that this was a great way to introduce everyone a little bit more to quite possibly my favorite person ever.

What are your middle names?
Keith's middle name is Keith. Yeah. His first name is Louis. My middle name is Marie. Like nearly every other girl born in the early 80s.

How long have you been together?
We met 10 years ago.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Met in September. Started dating in May. So 8 months.

Who asked who out?
He did.

How old are each of you?
He is 33. I'm 26.

Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?
Mine. Most of his live in other states.

Do you have any children together?
Yes. Two gorgeous boys.

What about pets?
We have a fish. But that's really Roman's pet. So no. Keith doesn't really want any. Although I bet I can get the boys to ask for a cat in just the right way.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Dealing with our busy schedules. It occasionally requires someone to pick up the slack in other areas.

Did you go to the same school?
Not at all. Unless you count college. We both got our bachelor's degrees from the University of Utah.

Are you from the same home town?
No. I still like to say I'm from California. (Even though Keith says I've lived in Utah for so long, I'm not allowed to say that anymore. And he's right.) Keith is from Montana.

Who is the smartest?
Definitely Keith. I think I can sit down and study harder and longer than he can. But he is better at understanding and remembering things.

Who is the most sensitive?
I'm not sure. We're both pretty sensitive to each other. And we both have times when we're not. If crying is a sign of sensitivity, then I win.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
As a couple? Um...Olive Garden. As a family, Sweet Tomatoes. (I'm not counting fast food.)

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Bahamas last summer.

Who has the craziest exes?
I think I do.

Who has the worst temper?
Probably me.

Who does the cooking?
That would be me. I'm the only one who cooks. Although Keith does get breakfast for the boys when I have early morning clinics and such.

Who is more social?
Neither of us are extremely social. We've become hermits. But I express the wish to socialize more than he does.

Who is the neat freak?
Once again, me! Our house isn't always super clean. But I'm the one who freaks out about the dishes, and the fact that no one has vacuumed this week, and that the books are organized by size.

Who is the more stubborn?
It depends on what. I think we are both pretty stubborn about certain things.

Who hogs the bed?
Me. I don't think there's any debating this one. He likes a little space. I don't.

Who wakes up earlier?
Depends. One weekdays, we get up about the same time. He gets up earlier on Saturdays to go to work. And as Keith likes to sleep until noon on Sunday, I get up earlier on that day. Although, this will change depending on school and work schedules.

Where was your first date?
We went to see Forgotten Carols with his family. Our first date with just the two of us was to see Toy Story 2. And we have had a love of everything Pixar ever since.

Who has the bigger family?
I'm not sure that last time someone did a full head count. Counting everyone (sisters-in-law, grandchildren, etc) he does. I have one more sibling than he does.

Do you get flowers often?
No. :( Enough said.

How do you spend the holidays?
For Christmas and Thanksgiving, we switch off every year which family we spend it with. For all the other holidays, we usually spend them with my family, because they are much closer.

Who is more jealous?
Neither of us. What's to be jealous of?

How long did it take to get serious?
What's serious? Dating? We starting seriously dating after about 8 months. Engaged? We got engaged 5 months after that. Married? We got married nearly 9 months after that.

Who eats more?
Probably me. Since Keith often doesn't eat breakfast, and I can't survive without it.

Who does/ did the laundry?
I do. But if it needs to be done, and I'm really busy or not home, Keith does it. Although he carefully avoids anything that looks delicate.

Who’s better with the computer?
I use the computer for more things than he does (FB, blogging, shopping, PhotoShop.) But if anything goes wrong, I call him for back up. He can fix anything.

Who drives when you are together?
He always drives. I don't like to drive at all.

Well, that was supposed to introduce Keith to the interwebs a little bit. Unfortunately, I was the answer to most of the questions. So take it for what it is worth.

I am so lucky to be married to the only person who could put up with me and still love me as much as he does.


----------------
Now playing: White Lion - You're All I Need
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment