Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tannenbaums and Other Things

With predicted blizzard conditions and temperatures in the single digits, venturing out of the house isn't really a top priority at the moment.

But there are still times we do, and it is always worth it.

Like doing some local Christmas shopping at the Amish community.

Or enjoying some Old World Christmas traditions at the German community nearby.


Driving through the snowy streets past historic buildings decked in pine swags made me nearly peak out on my Christmas meter. It is everything traditional and iconic that is Christmas.



We strolled through the Tannenbaum Forest in an old barn.



We looked at reindeer.

We ran screaming away from the Santa.

(Now settled down from the debacle with Santa)

We admired the Weihnachtspyramide. (I remember my grandmother having a small tabletop Christmas pyramid when I was little.)


We felt so Christmas-y we could barely stand it.


I love this time of year.

2 comments:

  1. I want to go to there.

    It was 86 degrees yesterday. It is NOT beginning to look anything like Christmas around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooh! Thanks for the beautiful peak from afar! Happy Christmasing!!

    ReplyDelete