Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Undergrowth

Happiness is...

Finally accepting that summer is over and autumn is coming.


Happiness is remembering all the things that I love about the fall season. Why, at one time, it was my favorite season.

From the coolness of the morning, to hint of color in the trees, autumn is truly on her way.

Which means it is time for a hike through the woods looking at the undergrowth. (I know, we're a little weird.)

But autumn means that we can find this...



These beautiful Indian Pipe, or Ghost Plants are a favorite for our plant hunting strolls, only making their appearance for a short time during the early fall season

And the boys were also delighted to find these spots of color...



This little expedition into the undergrowth reminded me that fall is coming, I can't stop it, and there are still reasons to be happy.

Stop by Leigh vs Laundry for 52 weeks of Happiness and post something that makes you happy.

7 comments:

  1. I. LOVE. Fall. LOVE. It is EASILY my favorite season. There is just something - magical and portent about fall. And you know what sucks?

    There is no fall in effing South Carolina. Grrrrr....

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently did a very similar post, yes, we should look at the blessings of each season. I don't think I could ever live somewhere that didn't have 4 distinct seasons.

    Thanks so much for helping make my SITS day so special yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the onset of fall this year. Why? no idea. But it's making me happy.

    I'd be even happier if I got to see plants like the ones you have. The only plant life growing naturally around my town is the random weed coming up through a cracked sidewalk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have the most beautiful pictures on your blog!

    I'm not really sorry to see summer go, because I love the fall. Definitely my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate the fall. No, wait. I hate the sun going down at 5 pm. And Karen's comment cracked me up! She lives just south of me but I guess she doesn't have trees like we do. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those plants are fantastic.

    LisaDay

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always fantastic pictures! Fall IS glorious and yes, I missed it immensely when we lived too far south. Fall colors here are brilliant. Fall in Iowa is breathtaking. Last year with you was a favorite memory! Happy fall.

    ReplyDelete