Thursday, March 8, 2012

What It Says About Me: The Purse

As we were getting ready to run errands over the weekend, I remembered two more items we needed to pick up at the store. I called to Hubster in the other room to write contact solution and olive oil on the list. When he asked where the list was, I told him it was in my purse. A few quiet minutes later and Hubster tromps upstairs.

"Which grocery list would you like me to add it to? You have 8 grocery lists in your purse."

Maybe I should clean my purse out a little more often.

Many months ago, I wrote about both my bedside table and my refrigerator and what they say about me. I had always meant to follow that up with a post about my purse, what with it being how you tell a lot about a woman and all.

The 8 grocery lists made me decide that now would be a good time to do that. Although I'm not exactly sure I like what my purse is saying about me these days.

This is my purse. I can't remember where I bought it, but it wasn't very expensive. The green makes me happy.


I decided to do this the honest way. I took my purse, unzipped all the compartments and then shook it out onto my bedroom floor.



This is what my purse is saying about me. It needs it's mouth washed with soap.

After organizing my purse, I found that it contained:


4 pens
3 pencils
1 pair of socks
Pack of gum
2 Chick-fil-A mints
Tic-Tacs
Ice Breaker mints
1 nearly empty bag of craisins
Meal replacement shake
1 fruit snack package
1 package of Twizzlers
2 Veggie Tales CDs
Tub of wet wipes
Pack of Kleenex
Moist towelette
Finger nail clippers
Floss
Chap stick/lip stick/gloss
Coke cap
Ziploc bag of art charcoal
Cash
Sunscreen
Keys
1 movie ticket
2 book marks
4 fortunes from fortune cookies
5 lists of books for library day
13 receipts
iPhone
Camera
2 pieces of mail
1 concert program
1 note from the boy's pediatrician
A small-ish pile of garbage

and yes...

8 grocery lists.

So what does this say about me? Well, mostly, I think it says that I need to clean my purse out a little more often.

It also says I'm prepared for a little bit of everything. Dirty hands, bad breath, sunny day, wet feet. I've got it covered.

And also, if the zombie apocalypse happens tomorrow, I'm carrying enough food in my purse to at least make it a week.

What does your purse say about you?

3 comments:

  1. I love these things. I think my purse would prove I am so not a girlie-girl and I am organized.

    LisaDay

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much stuff we can fit into our purses, isn't it?

    Mine is holding an even more eclectic collection than yours, I think. Maybe I should take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this! Looks like the typical woman's purse contents to me! :)

    ReplyDelete