Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February To-Do List

When I made a list of goals in January, I thought I was making a list that was realistic, doable, manageable, a list that pushed me just enough.  And then my maternity leave ended, I went back to work, and everything almost fell apart.

We are all hanging in, still trying to figure things out.  As stressful as things are, it almost seems silly to see how I did on my January goals, since I'm just happy I survived that month.

But here we go:

 

January Goals:
- Exercise for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week: Fail. I did this for two weeks.  And then not so much...
- Only have dessert once a week: Fail. There were too many wonderful desserts in my house in January. Hubster made cheesecake and I couldn't let it go to waste.
- Lose 5 pounds: Fail.  Which is not surprising since I failed the first two, which were supposed to help me with this one. But this is only a partial fail.  I'm down just over 3 pounds (I know that sounds like nothing, but it's not.)
- Find childcare for Duck, return to work, and NOT have a major breakdown while doing so: Success. Kinda. The breakdown was not major.
- Attend church twice: Fail. We went once.  And then it was cold the rest of the month.
- Clean out my closet: Success
- Schedule a dentist appointment: Success
- Start my board study: Fail
- Finish the book I am reading: Success
- Clean up this blog (take care of the tabs that lead to nothing, write my About Me page, etc.): Success.  If you haven't checked out my About Me page, do.  I sort of like it.  Let me know what you thing.


Actually, now that I look at it, I didn't do nearly as bad as I initially thought.  Which means I'm going to be crazy enough to do this again.


February Goals:
-Work out as a family for at least 10 minutes 3 times a week
-Match my January weight loss
-File my taxes (or have Hubster file my taxes)
-Board study: at least one keyword a day, and all my review questions by the end of the month
-Finish my licensing paperwork


February is a short month, so I'm making a short list. 

Now, if only the days could be a little bit longer.

5 comments:

  1. Hey you had almost as many successes as you have failures, so that's good-you break even!

    You can totally do your February goals, you've got it in the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going back to work and figuring out the new normal is a job all in itself! I bet you'll have must better luck this month.

    I lost almost 3 pounds and it was HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great...and cheesecake sounds really good right now.... mmmmm... good luck with February! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got tired just reading that! I had 12 goals for 2012...and I gave up in March. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job in January and I know February will be awesome too.

    ReplyDelete